Fire Destroys Nineveh Home

By Lindsey Nesselbush

July 22, 2010 Updated Nov 26, 2007 at 6:48 PM EDT

A man renovating a house now has no home.

Fire destroyed the home at 1495 East Windsor Road in Nineveh.

Firefighters responded just before 2 pm.

Claude Scott owns the property.

He says a fire from the wood stove spread into the chimney and then through the house.

Scott and his brother-in-law have been staying here while working on the house.

Both got out safely.

"I came out of the shower, and it was just filling up with smoke, like it wasn't that bad. It really wasn't that bad of a fire. So we called 911 immediately, just started grabbing a few things and came out here, waited for the fire department to come," says Scott.

Windsor Fire Fighters say the home is a loss.

Scott started renovations just 3 weeks ago.

He says he has insurance and plans to rebuild.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.