We're taking you inside.
This week a Binghamton home was found to have horrific, unhealthy, unsanitary living conditions.
Nearby neighbors are shocked by the discovery.
"When I walked by the house, that's when you knew the smell was coming from there. But I never imagined it to be anything like this," said Crystal Lane
Crystal Lane never knew her next-door neighbors were living in filth.
A family of 7 rented this house at 34 Ogden Street in Binghamton.
Property manager Mark Phoreman says the home wreaked of urine, human waste covered the floor, and cockroaches ran rampid.
And, pounds of garbage filled the basement from top to bottom.
"Oh. Oh my God. When I walked into this house I thought I was going to drop dead" said property manager Mark Phoreman.
Phoreman works for O-2 Properties.
This house is one of 53 properties he manages in the Binghamton-area.
The family lived here for the last 3 years.
Phoreman says the family always paid rent on time, and even kept the front lawn trimmed.
Giving him no reason to step inside.
"We trust a person in our household. So if you're at our trust and you're in the household, think there's nothing going wrong" said Phoreman.
The house is now cleared out.
Except for remaining roaches.
Exterminators have sprayed, and will continue to do so multiple times.
Still, neighbors are not convinced the problem will die out.
"People that own the property should at least inspect even once a year, so many months whatever, just to make sure things are up to snuff at least" said Richard Winston of Binghamton.
Phoreman plans to gut the house and rebuild.
City code enforcement says the house cannot be rented again until it's re-inspected.
We're told The Department of Social Services uncovered the problem when one, or more of the children living there were frequently absent from school.
Mark Phoreman says the children were taken into custody by the DSS.
Attempts to reach DSS were unsuccessful.