Endicott Fire

By Candace Chapman

July 22, 2010 Updated Apr 18, 2006 at 11:23 PM EDT

The Endicott Fire Marshall said a burning candle caused a fire that destroyed a single apartment building.

One person was taken to the hospital after a fire at 422 Jennings Street in Endicott.

Endicott fire fighters responded to the 911 call around 7:00 am.

With the help of neighboring departments they had the fire under control in about 10 minutes.

A West Endicott Fire policeman who was directing traffic suffered a heart attack.

The Endicott Fire Marshall says he was revived on the scene with automatic defibrillator and is stable condition tonight.

A man living in the apartment escaped without injury.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.