Flood Assistance Updated

By Greg Catlin

July 22, 2010 Updated Jul 13, 2006 at 12:26 PM EDT

For New Yorkers, there is both state and federal help.

New York State has Disaster Assistance Centers open in the affected counties.

They're open 8am to 8pm.

In Broome County, go to Binghamton High School, the Endwell Fire Station, or Susquehanna Valley High School.

In Delaware County at Walton High School, Deposit High School and Hancock Central School.

In Otsego County at SUNY Oneonta Lee Hall.

In Chenango County at Bainbridge Town Hall.

In Tioga County at Owego-Apalachin Middle School

And, in Sullivan County at Livingston Manor Middle School

The centers will be open until further notice providing information and limited financial assistance.

Applications should also be available for grant money.

New York State also set up a toll free telephone number to assist flood victims.

It can help in applying for grants.

The phone number is 1-888-769-7243.

It's open 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday.

Information and applications are also available online at labor.state.ny.us.

You can also get federal flood relief.

This includes individuals, homeowners, renters, small businesses.

Those who qualify are eligible for grants and low interest loans.

In our area, it includes people in Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego, Sullivan and Tioga counties.

For information, call the Federal Emergency Management Agency at 1-800-621-3362 any day from 8am to 8pm.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.