Injured Family Moves Ahead with Lawsuit

July 22, 2010 Updated Oct 29, 2006 at 1:09 AM EDT

A Chemung county family is moving forward with a lawsuit, after their house exploded right off its foundation.

The Peterson family plans to sue the village of Horsheads, Chemung County and NYSEG.

Last December, 4 members of the family were seriously injured when their house exploded.

The family's attorney says a natural gas leak caused the blast.

A lawsuit was filed Friday with New York State Supreme Court.

It blames NYSEG for not maintaining gas pipes leading into the house.

The attorney says NYSEG suggested some excavations may have damaged the pipe.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.