Fire Destroys Binghamton Home

By Mike Trim

July 22, 2010 Updated Nov 21, 2006 at 8:52 PM EDT

The Binghamton Fire Marshal's office says the extension chord was in a bedroom at 92 Evans Street.

When firefighters arrived around 2 Tuesday morning, the home was engulfed in flames.

The family of 4 escaped safely.

The Southern Tier Chapter of the Red Cross is helping them.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.