The Binghamton City Fire Marshal says there's a good chance a warehouse fire was arson.
40 foot flames shot out of the old E. H. Titchener and Company warehouse on Titchener Place in the city's First Ward.
The fire started just before 9:30 pm Sunday.
Fire crews were dousing the smoldering areas Monday morning.
The warehouse is vacant and has no electricity connected.
Binghamton Fire Marshal Dan Eggleston said "We have a location in the building where we think the fire started."
"There's a lot of kids in and out of the building, the Parks Department has secured this building numerous times, they just keep breaking in again," he said.
Neighbors were evacuated as a precaution but were allowed to return home after it was determined there was nothing hazardous inside.