Fire destroys a Susquehanna County home tonight, as firefighters for hours battled smoke and huge flames.
The initial call to firefighters went out around 4:30 p-m.
A house was on fire in Brackney, here at 3330 Quaker Lake Road.
Silver Lake firefighters were assisted by firefighters from the towns of Binghamton, Vestal and Conklin.
Neighbors on the scene say 9 people lived in the house, a family of four lived downstairs and a family of 5 people upstairs.
Neighbors think everyone made it out okay, and they say it may have started in the chimney.
Firefighters were still not back from the scene to confirm the details.
Stay tuned to Action News for the latest information.