A nonprofit organization doles out grants for special projects, and several from our area are on the recipients list.
The Community Foundation for South Central New York is awarding grants totaling nearly $100,000 this spring.
Eleven organizations in Broome, Chenango and Tioga Counties are getting grants through a competitive selection process:
- Afton Historical Society: $2,700
- Binghamton Housing Authority: $10,000
- Broome County Library: $1,000
- Camp Ahwaga Association: $4,937
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Broome County: $5,920
- Family and Children's Society: $15,000
- Family Enrichment Network: $11,000
- Haven After School Program: $1,000
- Metro Interfaith: $11,000
- Preservation Association of the Southern Tier (PAST): $4,500
- Rescue Mission Alliance: $12,995
About 80% of total funds awarded are going to those three counties.