Date(s) & Time(s)::
May 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM until 3:00 AM
Location: TechWorks! Protype Workshop 321 Water Street Downtown Binghamton NY
Join in on the fun exploring where we came from and where we're going at, Technology That Drives Us, a show of vintage and cutting edge vehicles and technologies all made in Upstate NY. Some of the vehciles and technologies you'll see are friction drive (O-We-Go cycle car), 1920s air cooled engine (Franklin from Syracuse), UEHS National Champion Tiger Solar Car, BAE Systems Hybridrive bus and heavy duty dump trucks, and Raymond's latest battery powered Lift Truck.
Speakers from local companies will also be there to discuss vintage and emerging technologies:
* Richard Modafferi, of RIMO filter fame, will show how he fit a rally computer into the dashboard of his 1964 Corvette convertible in an era when most computers were bigger than cars.
* The Future of Fuel Cells, Paul McCabe, The Raymond Corporation, currently retired
* Hybridrive - how it works, Tim Wells, BAE Systems
* UEHS Tiger Solar Car Team - It's all in the journey, Chuck Goodwin
* Jim Mead, Restoring the O-We-Go.
* Dave Patch, Transit Vehicle Surveillance System
There will be also be Cool Car Parking for special interest vehicles and Show Car Parking for pre-registered, pre-1963 vintage vehicles!