Date(s) & Time(s)::
September 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Location: Richford, NY
21st Richford Potato Festival
September 21, 2013, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Routes 38 & 79, Richford, NY
Activities at the Richford Historical Society (the Graded School):
9 a.m. to 10 a.m. INTRODUCTION. Pass the Potato, hot potato.
10 a.m. to 11 a.m. CORNELL RAPTORS – BIRD EXHIBIT
11 a.m. DR. DONALD HALSETH, Cornell University,talks about Potatoes; samples on display
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. FREE Balloon Animals by CAYUGA TWISTER
11:30 a.m. MASHED POTATO EATING CONTEST 8-under, youth 9-12, 13-adult - $1 entry fee.
Noon to 1 p.m. MIKE THE MAGICIAN
1 p.m. to 2 p.m. POTATO PRINCESS/TATER TOT PAGEANT. Youth 3-11 eligible (see entry form for rules and details of eligibility). $3 entry fee.
2 p.m. to 3 p.m. POTATO SACK RACE, 3-LEG RACE/POTATO RELAY
3 p.m. POTATO SALAD CONTEST – judging for the best potato salad – 1$ entry fee.
All Day Events:
- Come inside and Ring Lula’s Old School Bell! ($1.00/ring)
- Games – Potato Put, Potato Pitch, Pot the Potato, salt potato slingshot – game tickets required (available 5/$1 at ice cream tent, 1 ticket per game).
- 50/50 Raffle and Historical Society raffle baskets.
- Richford Cancellation stamp available at post office.
- FREE Face Painting!
- Berkshire Library Book Sale.
- Kids’ Coloring Contest (with Judging & Prizes at 3:00 p.m.)
- Historical Displays, Gift Items and Vendors
- Taters ’n Cream Ice Cream; Sweet Potato Ice Cream; Cold Beverages
- FREE Build a Birdhouse
Activities at the Richford Congregational Church:
9 a.m.to 3 p.m. Potato Soup, salt potatoes, potato salad, hot meatball subs, hot dogs, beverages and pie by the slice!
11a.m.to 3 p.m. Live Music (11-12 Youth Band; 12-1 Karen Talcott Group; 1-2 Valley Harmony)
10a.m.to 3 p.m. Vendors
Activities at Northern Tioga Family Health Center:
10a.m. to 2 p.m. Heath Fair, blood pressure checks, other health information
Activities at Fire Department/Ladies Auxiliary:
8a.m. to 12 p.m. Fire Dept. Potato Pancake Breakfast
All Day Ladies Auxiliary donuts at Community Hall
Bath Tub Race, Mill Street, 12 noon (rules: cast iron tub, helmet, 18 or older) entry forms available that day.