Electric Simmer Pots Could Shock

July 22, 2010 Updated Apr 29, 2008 at 12:37 PM EDT

Waxcessories is recalling Electric Simmer Pots.

They melt scented wax in a ceramic cup.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says possible loose wire connections can start a fire or pose the risk of electric shock.

The pots were sold at gift shops fro April 2002 through this month.

Contact Waxcessories of Dracut, Mass for free replacement product.

A list of bar codes for pots involved in the recall can be found on the firms recall Web site.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.