(WBNG Binghamton) Almost 30,000 pairs of Spark and Spitfire Inline Skates have been recalled because the the frame mounting bolts and wheel axle bolts can be loose on new skates.
Loose wheels or frames on the skates can cause the rider to fall, posing a risk of injury.
This recall involves the following models of inline skates purchased since September 2009.
* Spark Pro, Men's (SKU# 00792200816), Black
* Spark Pro, Women's (SKU# 007923007E2), Anthracite (Grey)
* Spark 80, Men's (SKU# 00702800956), Black
* Spark 80, Women's (SKU# 007029009A6), Anthracite (Grey)
* Spitfire, Boy's (SKU# 00705500741), Black
* Spitfire, Girl's (SKU# 007056007Y8), Silver
* Spitfire S, Boy's (SKU# 00705700956), Black
* Spitfire S, Girl's (SKU# 007058009A7), Anthracite (Grey)
* Spitfire LX, (SKU# 00705000955), Silver
The skates were sold at Sporting goods stores nationwide and on the Internet from September 2009 through July 2010 for between $80 and $160.
Consumers should immediately inspect all wheel-axle and frame-mounting bolts to ensure that they are properly tightened. Rollerblade USA recommends regular inspection and tightening of bolts. After wheel-axle and frame mounting bolts are inspected and tightened if needed, products are acceptable for sale & use. Video instructions on bolt tightening and maintenance are available at www.rollerblade.com
Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Rollerblade USA at (800) 232-7655 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday or visit the firm's website at www.rollerblade.com