Watch our Docs on Call Interviews:
Interviews with Dr. Roney
- Dr. Anne: Obesity and breast cancer
- Dr. Anne: Nipple-sparing Masectomy
- Dr. Anne: Breast Ultrasound
- Dr. Anne: High risk Breast Cancer
- Dr. Fallon: Head and Neck Cancer
- Dr. Fallon: Radiation Therapy
- Dr. Fallon: Prostate Seed Implants
- Dr. Fallon: Prostate Cancer Part 1
- Dr. Fallon: Prostate Cancer Part 2
- Dr. Fallon: Skin Cancer Part 1
- Dr. Fallon: Skin Cancer Part 2
- Dr. Fallon: Lung Cancer
- Dr. Haynes: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Dr. Haynes: Multiplace Open Chamber Therapy
- Dr. Haynes: Advances in Wound Care
- Dr. Rainone: Pain Management Part 1
- Dr. Rainone: Pain Management Part 2
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 1 - updated)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 2 - updated)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 1)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 2)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 3)
- Dr. Rainone: National Healthcare Decisions Day
- Dr. Barrett: Colon Cancer Surgery
- Dr. Barrett: Colon Cancer Surgery (Part 1)
- Dr. Barrett: Colon Cancer Surgery (Part 2)
- Nurse Mancini: Nurse Navigator Program
- Nurse Mancini: With Love, Knowledge and Hope: I Can Cope
- Nurse Mancini: Patient Navigator Program
Now, nearly fifty years later, the LOURDES Regional Cancer Center continues that mission. Since 1971, the Lourdes Regional Cancer Center has been accredited as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program. Most recently, Lourdes has been awarded the 2008 Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award by the Commission on Cancer American College of Surgeons. The Award is designed to recognize cancer programs that strive for excellence in providing quality care to cancer patients. Lourdes is one of only 95 facilities in the US to receive this award.
Today, Lourdes is among the largest and most sophisticated community cancer centers in the country. Here within the region's premier facility dedicated to the fight against cancer we've gathered the area's top physicians and oncologists. We've assembled select teams of cancer nurses and specialists and we've brought to the Southern Tier some of the newest weapons to fight cancer.
Pastoral care, nutrition services, and rehabilitation services are also available for both outpatients and inpatients. Lourdes Regional Cancer Center also maintains a link with the National Cancer Institute's (NCI) database. This database provides the latest information on research advances and new treatments, as well as emerging topics on the influence of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle factors in the development of cancer.
For more information visit www.lourdes.com.
Dr. Michael Fallon
Dr. Dzwonczyk – Medical Director
Dr George T. Roberts
Physical Therapy & Chiropractic
High-quality, affordable health coverage & valuable health-related resources that our members use every day.
What is Breast Ultrasound?
Ultrasound is a noninvasive test that uses sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the breast. Breast ultrasound is used as a supplemental tool in detecting and diagnosing fluid-filled versus solid abnormalities in the breast.
What services are offered at UHS?
UHS provides a wealth of comprehensive health and wellness services. Our specialties include Primary Care, Cancer Care, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Heart Care and Women’s Health. For a complete list of services visit us online at www.uhs.net or call our Nurse Direct line at 607-763-5555.
What are the statistics of hearing loss?
An estimated 28 million people suffer from hearing loss. Hearing loss is present in three out of every ten adults between the ages of 50 and 64 and four out of every ten adults ages 65 and over.
What are the symptoms of cataracts?
The following are the most common symptoms of cataracts. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:
- cloudy or blurry vision
- lights appear too bright and/or present a glare or a surrounding halo
- poor night vision
- multiple vision
- colors seem faded
- increased nearsightedness - increasing the need to change eyeglass prescriptions
- distortion of vision in either eye
Where is UHS located?
UHS offers a variety of medical services, at convenient locations throughout Greater Binghamton and surrounding counties. For directions to each of our facilities, visit our website at www.uhs.net or call our free Nurse Direct line at 607-762-2336.