Watch our Docs on Call Interviews:
Interviews with Dr. Roney
- Dr. Anne: Obesity and breast cancer
- Dr. Anne: Nipple-sparing Masectomy
- Dr. Anne: Breast Ultrasound
- Dr. Anne: High risk Breast Cancer
- Dr. Fallon: Head and Neck Cancer
- Dr. Fallon: Radiation Therapy
- Dr. Fallon: Prostate Seed Implants
- Dr. Fallon: Prostate Cancer Part 1
- Dr. Fallon: Prostate Cancer Part 2
- Dr. Fallon: Skin Cancer Part 1
- Dr. Fallon: Skin Cancer Part 2
- Dr. Fallon: Lung Cancer
- Dr. Haynes: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Dr. Haynes: Multiplace Open Chamber Therapy
- Dr. Haynes: Advances in Wound Care
- Dr. Rainone: Pain Management Part 1
- Dr. Rainone: Pain Management Part 2
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 1 - updated)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 2 - updated)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 1)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 2)
- Dr. Rainone: Palliative Medicine (Part 3)
- Dr. Rainone: National Healthcare Decisions Day
- Dr. Barrett: Colon Cancer Surgery
- Dr. Barrett: Colon Cancer Surgery (Part 1)
- Dr. Barrett: Colon Cancer Surgery (Part 2)
- Nurse Mancini: Nurse Navigator Program
- Nurse Mancini: With Love, Knowledge and Hope: I Can Cope
- Nurse Mancini: Patient Navigator Program
Now, nearly fifty years later, the LOURDES Regional Cancer Center continues that mission. Since 1971, the Lourdes Regional Cancer Center has been accredited as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program. Most recently, Lourdes has been awarded the 2008 Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award by the Commission on Cancer American College of Surgeons. The Award is designed to recognize cancer programs that strive for excellence in providing quality care to cancer patients. Lourdes is one of only 95 facilities in the US to receive this award.
Today, Lourdes is among the largest and most sophisticated community cancer centers in the country. Here within the region's premier facility dedicated to the fight against cancer we've gathered the area's top physicians and oncologists. We've assembled select teams of cancer nurses and specialists and we've brought to the Southern Tier some of the newest weapons to fight cancer.
Pastoral care, nutrition services, and rehabilitation services are also available for both outpatients and inpatients. Lourdes Regional Cancer Center also maintains a link with the National Cancer Institute's (NCI) database. This database provides the latest information on research advances and new treatments, as well as emerging topics on the influence of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle factors in the development of cancer.
For more information visit www.lourdes.com.
Dr. Michael Fallon
Dr. Dzwonczyk – Medical Director
Dr George T. Roberts
Physical Therapy & Chiropractic
High-quality, affordable health coverage & valuable health-related resources that our members use every day.
What is Breast Ultrasound?
Ultrasound is a noninvasive test that uses sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of the breast. Breast ultrasound is used as a supplemental tool in detecting and diagnosing fluid-filled versus solid abnormalities in the breast.
What types of patients or types of conditions do you treat in your office?
Most of the patients that we treat in our office are people that have been suffering with chronic pain, or conditions that they have been dealing with for months or years. Most of our patients in many cases have moderate or severe arthritis that are looking for relief of their pain, and other symptoms they are experiencing. We specialize in providing state of the art no surgical treatments for patients with bulging, herniated, degenerative discs, and spinal stenosis, and we our proud to be among the first in the area to bring in the most advanced treatments available. Some of the other conditions that we treat in out office are: fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatic pain, headaches, plantarfascitis, sports injuries, and many other types sof joint, muscle and inflammatory conditions.
What do hearing aids cost?
The cost of a hearing aid relies on many variables which are out of our control. These variables include, but are not limited to: severity of hearing loss, type of aid, style of aid, manufacturer of aid, options, warranties, state of purchase, etc.
How can I contact UHS?
If you are looking for a doctor, directions to our facilities, or contact information please visit us online at www.uhs.net or call our free Nurse Direct line at 607-763-5555.
What is digital mammography?
Digital mammography is a system where x-ray film pictures of the breast are replaced by solid-state detectors that convert x-rays into electric signals. These detectors are similar to those found in digital cameras. The electrical signals are used to produce images (similar to a digital photograph) of the breast that can be viewed on a computer screen or printed on special films. The dramatic difference in the quality of that picture allows Lourdes radiologists a better opportunity to discover abnormalities.