Vestal, NY 13850
75 Main Street
Sidney, NY 13838
Hours of Operation
- Vestal Office Hours
- Monday - Thursday7:30 AM - 6 PM
- Friday7:30 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday7:30 AM - 12 Noon
- Sidney Office Hours
- Monday - Wednesday8 AM - 5 PM
- Thursday8 AM - 7 PM
- Friday8 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday8 Am - 12 Noon
Roberts Eyecare: Glasses, Contacts & Comprehensive Eye Exams
Watch Docs on Call: Roberts Eyecare
Interviews with Dr. Willden
- Dr. Willden discusses Styes
- Dr. Willden discusses Blood Pressure
- Dr. Willden discusses Macular Degeneration
- Dr. Willden discusses Glaucoma
- Dr. Willden discusses Childrens Eye Care
- Dr. Willden discusses Floaters
- Dr. Willden discusses Allergies
Interviews with Dr. Angela Marx
- Dr. Marx Pregnancy and the Eye
- Dr. Marx Floaters
- Dr. Marx What's in a Prescription?
- Dr. Marx Ocular Cornea Abrasion
- Dr. Marx Ocular Computer Vision
- Dr. Marx Ocular Sty
- Dr. Marx Ocular Migraines
- Dr. Marx Sunglasses
- Dr. Marx Choroidal Nevus
- Dr. Marx discusses prescriptions
- Dr. Marx discusses Contact Lens Myths
- Dr. Marx discusses "floaters"
- Dr. Marx discusses computer vision syndrome
- Dr. Dean discusses cataracts
- Dr. Dean discusses Presbyopia
- Dr. Dean discusses Color Blindness
- Dr. Dean discusses eye myths
- Dr. Dean discusses Ciba Dailies Total1
- Dr. Dean discusses Children's Eye Exams
- Dr. Dean discusses Visoffice
- Dr. Dean discusses "Glare"
- Dr. Dean discusses 20-20 Vision
- Dr. Dean discusses 3D and vision
- Dr. Dean discusses dilation drops
- Dr. Dean discusses Myopia
- Dr. Dean discusses childrens' eye exams
- Dr. Dean discusses Contact Lens Hygiene
- Dr. Dean discusses diabetes and vision
- Dr. Bryant discusses defogging your lenses
- Dr. Bryant discusses going beyond routine eyecare
- Dr. Bryant discusses cataracts
- Dr. Bryant on glare
- Dr. Bryant on 20/20 vision
- Dr. Bryant on contact lenses
- Dr. Bryant on common eye myths
- Dr. Bryant on contact lens care
- Dr. Bryant on the 3 Os
- Dr. Bryant what's this test?
- Dr. Bryant focal glasses
- Dr. Bryant migraines
- Dr. Bryant dilation
- Dr. Bryant eye emergencies
- Dr. Bryant eye injuries
- Dr. Bryant itchy eyes
- Dr. Arun discusses eye glass frames
- Dr. Arun discusses chlordial nevus
- Dr. Arun discusses dry eyes
- Dr. Arun discusses eye exams
- Dr. Arun discusses disposable contacts
- Dr. Arun discusses diabetes
- Dr. Arun discusses eye twitching
- Dr. Arun discusses effect of blood pressure on the eyes
- Dr. Arun discusses dry eye issues
- Dr. Arun discusses myopia
- Dr. Arun discusses presbyopia
- Dr. Arun discusses floaters
- Dr. Arun discusses styes
- Dr. Arun on chemical eye injuries
- Dr. Arun discusses disposable contacts
- Dr. Arun discusses aging affecting the eyes
- Dr. Arun discusses lifestyle affecting the eyes
- Dr. Arun discusses pink eye and ocular allergies
- Dr. Beers - Sunglasses
- Dr. Beers - Dilation
- Dr. Beers - National Glaucoma Awareness Month
- Dr. Beers - Contacts Can Damage Eyes
- Dr. Beers - Corneal Abrasions
Visit our offices in Vestal and Sidney for the region’s largest selection of eyewear, contact lenses and other vision care products. In addition to our Doctors of Optometry you will find quality and professional service from our licensed Opticians. Our Opticians specialize in helping you find the eyeglass frames and lenses that are right for you.
Roberts Eyecare also accepts most major medical and vision insurance plans including the following: Aetna, Avesis, BC/BS CNY, BC/BS Rochester, BC/BS Utica-Watertown, Block Vision, CDPHP, Cigna, Davis Vision, CSEA, EBS, Empire BC/BS, Empire Plan, Excellus, Eye Med, HeathNow New York, Medicare, MVP, RMSCO, Sieba, Spectera, Superior Vision, Today’s Options, Touchstone, United Healthcare, UNIVERA, Vision Benefits of America (VBA), Vision Care Plan (VCP), Vision Service Plan (VSP).
If your vision or eye health requires immediate attention, please call our offices. For urgent eye health attention after normal business hours, please dial our on call doctor at 607-221-2398. We are here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between an Optometrist, Ophthalmologist and Optician?
- An Optician is involved in the fitting and making of eyeglasses. Optometrists and Ophthalmologists are both eye doctors who diagnose and treat various vision conditions and eye diseases. The main difference between an Optometrist and Ophthalmologist is that an Ophthalmologist is also trained to do eye surgery.
- Should I get my eyes examined if I don’t need eyeglasses?
- Yes. An eye exam is much more than just checking your vision. A comprehensive eye health evaluation is also performed during an eye exam. A person may have no complaints and 20/20 vision and still suffer from conditions such as retinal breaks or tears, glaucoma, cataracts, retinopathy from diabetes or high blood pressure, melanoma of the eye, etc.
- Why should I be concerned about glaucoma if my vision is fine?
- The most common types of glaucoma involve a slowly progressing destruction of the Optic Nerve of the eye. In general, it initially affects peripheral vision in a way that isn’t noticeable without specialized testing. A person with glaucoma will usually be in the advanced stages before noticing any problems with vision. With special testing glaucoma is usually easy to detect in the early stages and it is treatable with eye drops. In some cases surgery may be required if eye drops do not adequately control the glaucoma.
- What is Astigmatism? How is Astigmatism corrected?
- Astigmatism is a refractive error usually associated with an irregularly shaped cornea. A spherical cornea creates a single focal point while an astigmatic, irregularly shaped cornea creates more than one point of focus. As a result the image that is formed on the retina of the eye is blurred. Glasses, contact lenses and refractive surgery may all be used to correct Astigmatism.
- Can contact lenses be worn for sports?
- Yes, contact lenses provide excellent vision for most sports. However, keep in mind that contacts do not provide protection from injury. Contact lens wearers should consider using sports safety goggles for maximum protection during sports activities.