Bevier Street Fire Update

By WBNG News

Bevier Street Fire Update

December 10, 2012 Updated Dec 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM EDT

Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) We now know the cause of a house fire that broke out Sunday morning in Binghamton.

Binghamton Fire Marshals believe a wall-electrical wiring malfunction is to blame for the fire on Bevier Street.

Fire crews say the the fire started on the first floor and spread to the second.

A 12-year-old in the house alerted everyone in the house about smoke.

No-one was injured and responders fought the fire quickly.