Spencer, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Firefighters from three counties respond to fire at a Spencer business that started after a car hit a telephone pole.
The Spencer Fire Department said around 7:30 a.m. Monday, a car hit a telephone pole in the area of 366 Ithaca Road.
The pole and wires fell on Walters Body Shop thus sparking the fire.
As of 11 a.m., fire crews from Tioga, Tompkins and Chemung counties were still putting out the hot spots.
The body shop is considered a total loss. The fire caused minimal damage to the siding of a home next door.
No one was injured in the fire.