Barton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A woman was killed after a kitchen fire in a Barton mobile home.
Fire officials responded to 355 State Route 34 Lot #7 at approximately 7 p.m. Saturday.
The Tioga County Sheriff’s Office said the residence belonged to John Gerhard, 32, and Valentene Mazzella, 37.
Tioga County Fire Investigators said the fire was started by an overheated pan on the stove. Officials confirmed Mazzella became trapped in the home and was overcome by smoke. She was pronounced dead on the scene. Gerhard was taken to Binghamton General Hospital.