Edmeston, NY (WBNG Binghamton) An Otsego County barber is now out of business and behind bars after drugs are found at his business and home.
Otsego County investigators said Thomas Nathaniel Tukalo, 28, of Edmeston, was already a convicted felon who was prohibited from operating his business.
After reports of suspicious activity, investigators executed a no-knock search warrant at the 16 Burdick Ave. in the Town of Edmeston.
In addition to drug paraphernalia, they found 69 glassine envelopes of heroin, nearly 10 grams of marijuana, more than $1,200, and a town of Edmeston street sign.
Also arrested was Alysia Nicole Johnson, 20, of Edmeston, who was at Tukalo's residence. She was found to be in possession of a hypodermic syringe and glass pipe.
Tukalo was arraigned and taken to the Otsego County jail on $25,000 bail.
He is charged with the following:
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree, a felony;
- Criminally using drug paraphernalia in the second degree, a misdemeanor;
- Criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, a misdemeanor;
- Operating a barber shop without a license, a misdemeanor;
- Unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
Tukalo could face up to 12 years in prison if convicted.
Johnson was arraigned and jailed on $1,000 bail.
She is charged with the following:
- Criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument, a misdemeanor;
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, a misdemeanor.
She could face up to one year in jail if convicted.