House Catches Fire From Gas Leak

By Jillian Marshall

House Catches Fire From Gas Leak

November 29, 2012 Updated Nov 29, 2012 at 4:42 AM EDT

Middlebury Township, PA (WBNG Binghamton) A gas leak leaves the owner with burns.

According to Pennsylvania State Police, on Friday, November 23 around 8:30 p.m. Edward Wilston, 35, of Middlebury Township was installing a wall mounted propane heard in a small utility room.

That's when a gas leak occurred.

The residence caught fire but was extinguished quickly by the Middlebury Volunteer Fire Department.

Wilston was left with non-threatening burns.

The estimated structural damage is $30,000.