Horseheads, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Chemung County Emergency Services say a home on Joseph Street in Horseheads exploded at about 9:15 A.M.
They say three people were inside the home when it happened.
Two of them are still in Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester after they were transferred there by helicopter earlier this morning.
Several blocks around the home on Joseph Street are still blocked off by emergency vehicles.
Several local fire departments, NYSEG, and the Chemung County Sheriff's Office are on the scene.
Many neighbors at this time are not being allowed back into their homes.
Emergency workers on the scene say it may be a while until they can come back.
NYSEG crews also spent much of the day on the scene investigating whether or not natural gas played a role in the explosion.
Electricity and gas are still shut off in the neighborhood.