Livingston St. Fire: Accidental in Nature

By Cristina Frank

Livingston St. Fire: Accidental in Nature

April 2, 2012 Updated Apr 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM EDT

Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Investigators now know what started a Binghamton house fire last week that left 11 people homeless and a dog injured.

Binghamton's Fire Marshal says the Thursday fire at 14 Livingston Street was accidental.

Combustible materials were left near the stove unattended.

Eleven people lived in the duplex. A mother and six children were on one side; Binghamton University students were on the other.

No one was injured, but a dog was badly burned.

As of last week, the dog was in the care of a vet and doing better.

The American Red Cross was helping out the families.