Quick Response Saves Whitney Point Home

By Matt Hicks
By Justin Andrews

Quick Response Saves Whitney Point Home

January 24, 2013 Updated Jan 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM EST

Whitney Point, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Space heaters present a higher risk for house fires, especially this time of year.

Fire officials said that's what caused home to catch fire in Whitney Point.

It happened just before 7 p.m. at 7318 Collins St.

Investigators said a space heater sparked a fire in a first floor bedroom.

The fire was put out within a matter of minutes, which investigators said it the fire from spreading through the rest of the home.

No injuries were reported.