Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) The Vestal Police Department makes a several arrests in various incidents.
According to Vestal Police:
• On December 6, Jason Morean, 32, of Endicott was arrested for allegedly entering a former neighbor’s home numerous times over a period of several months and stealing jewelry and coins.
- Burglary, Second Degree, Class C Felony
• On December 6, 25-year-old Ashley Avery and 24-year-old Sean Tilghman of Endicott were both charged with burglary after allegedly stealing a television and other electronics at the Vestal Walmart. Both individuals had been previously arrested for the theft of a television from the Vestal Walmart in November. In that case they were apprehended by Endicott police after a radio broadcast of their license plate was put out to surrounding agencies. Both were banned from Walmart property but returned on Thursday when Tilghman was caught stealing by Walmart employees. Avery waited in her car in the Fire Lane of Walmart for Tilghman to exit. The vehicle was found to have a license plate altered with electrical tape in an apparent attempt to avoid identification.
- Burglary, Third Degree, Class D Felony
• On December 6, Karen Woodard, 31, of Vestal was arrested for allegedly stealing and forging a check as well as stealing a debit card and impersonating another person in order to cash the check.
- Forgery, Second Degree, Class D Felony
- Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument, Second Degree, Class D Felony
- Grand Larceny, Fourth Degree, Class E Felony
- Identity Theft, First Degree, Class D Felony
• On December 4, John Raymond, 52, of Binghamton arrested for after he was caught stealing at Walmart. Raymond fled from employees and was located and taken into custody by Vestal patrol officers in the area of TGI Fridays. He was identified as the suspect in a previous larceny and charged with both crimes. He was taken to the Broome County Jail on $1,500 bail.
- 2 counts, Petit Larceny