(WBNG Binghamton) Vestal Police announced April 4 officers arrested two teens for numerous charges in connection with a number of incidents in the town of Vestal dating back to October 2012.
According to a news release from the Vestal Police Department:
While on patrol at around 4:00am, Vestal Officer Jack Burkhard observed a vehicle in the parking lot of Matthews Kia. The vehicle exited the parking lot with a male clinging to the outside of the passenger side door. Officer Burkhard stopped the vehicle on Vestal Road and during his roadside investigation observed several cans of spray paint inside the vehicle. The driver, Brandon Seagrave, allegedly admitted responsibility for a recent graffiti incident at Harold Moore Park on Vestal Road. Vestal officer Jordan Adams responded and further investigation resulted in the discovery of suspicious electronics and a small safe in the vehicle.
The investigation continued at the Vestal Police Station and it was discovered that prior to the vehicle stop, the safe and electronics in the vehicle had allegedly been stolen from the Lighthouse Baptist Church on South Jensen Road in Vestal.
Further investigation by members of the Vestal detective division determined that Seagrave and his passenger, Robert Spencer, are allegedly responsible for a number of criminal incidents in the Town of Vestal dating back to October of 2012.
Brandon Seagrave, 19, of Glenwood Road in Vestal and Robert Spencer, 18, of Maple Street in Vestal were both charged with the following;
• Criminal Mischief in the 4th degree, Class A Misdemeanor, related to a graffiti and vandalism incident that occurred on 10/12/12 on the Rail Trail and at the Rounds Coal House.
• Criminal Mischief in the 3rd degree, Class E felony, related to the graffiti and vandalism of Twin Orchards Park on Myrtle Street in Vestal on 1/8/13.
• Criminal Mischief in the 2nd degree, Class D felony, related to vandalism that occurred at the former Ken Wilson Chevrolet building (2545 VPE) on 3/1/13.
• Criminal Mischief in the 3rd degree, related to graffiti and vandalism that occurred at Harold Moore Park on Vestal Road on 3/26/13.
• Making Graffiti, Class A Misdemeanor, related to a graffiti incident on Valley Road in Vestal on 3/26/13.
• Criminal Mischief in the 2nd degree, related to the damaging of a Vestal Town Parks Department vehicle on 4/4/13.
• Burglary in the 3rd degree, Class D felony, related to the burglary of the Lighthouse Baptist Church, South Jensen Road in Vestal on 4/4/13.
Spencer faces an additional charge of Criminal Mischief in the 2nd degree, related to an alleged vandalism incident that occurred at the Parkway Office Complex (1901 VPE) in February of 2012.
Seagrave faces an additional charge of Making Graffiti related to an alleged graffiti incident at the Weis Market on Main Street in Vestal on 12/28/12 and he was ticketed for Operating a Vehicle with an Inadequate Taillight and While Permitting a Person to Cling to a Vehicle, traffic infractions.
Both were arraigned on all of the above charges in front of Vestal Justice Michael Sherwood and remanded to the Broome County Jail pending future County Court action