Whitney Point, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A Saturday morning fire destroys a Whitney Point home, leaving a family in the hands of the Red Cross.
According to Whitney Point Fire Department, the call came in at approximately 7:30 a.m. for a house fire at 2594 Main St.
A mother and her five children were home at the time of the fire, but Whitney Point Fire Chief Mike Sura said they were waiting outside of the home when the fire trucks arrived.
No one was injured.
Sura said the turn-of-the-century home is a complete loss. The family is currently being taken care of by the Red Cross.
Sura said it took about 35 minutes to put the second alarm fire out.
The blaze is under investigation. Sura said they are looking into whether an electrical space heater caused the fire.