A splash of citrus turns this ordinary recipe for Cornish hens into extraordinary! These personal-sized miniature chickens portion out perfectly for a company or family meal!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 25 min
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 4 Cornish hens
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4-serving size) package orange-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place an orange quarter in the cavity of each Cornish hen and place hens in pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour mixture over hens. Roast, uncovered, for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until no pink remains and the juices run clear, basting every 20 minutes. Serve whole or cut each Cornish hen in half, and serve with additional glaze from pan spooned over the top.