A slow cooker is the trick to easily making our Ghoulish Glazed Meatballs. And the treat here is the special saucy flavor these get from chili sauce and grape jelly.
Cooking Time: 3 hr
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, water, salt, onion powder, and pepper; mix well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Pour half the sauce into a 6-quart slow cooker then place all meatballs into the sauce, overlapping if necessary. Pour remaining sauce over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 3 to 5 hours, or until no pink remains in the center.
Makes about 32 meatballs
Serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or your favorite rice.
Don’t miss our famous Trick-or-Treat Pie to treat them to a sweet surprise with your leftover Halloween candy.