What could be more enticing than the aromas when you bake this easy Banana Chocolate Swirl Bundt cake? Filled with fresh bananas, rich chocolate and a hint of cinnamon, this one will surely take the cake at your house!
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup extra light-tasting olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (4 to 5 bananas)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a paper towel, lightly oil a Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine first four ingredients; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla; using a whisk, mix until well blended. Stir in bananas; mix well. Whisk remaining dry ingredients into banana mixture until well combined.
- Spoon 1/3 of the cake batter into Bundt pan and sprinkle with half the walnut mixture. Spoon another 1/3 of the cake batter into pan, and sprinkle with remaining walnut mixture. Cover with remaining cake batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes then invert onto serving platter; cool completely then top with Chocolate Glaze (below).
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Stir in 1 tablespoon extra light tasting olive oil then allow glaze to cool and thicken slightly. Pour over top of cooled cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Allow to set before serving.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Pompeian Olive Oil