What’s a cookie platter or exchange without a few Italian Christmas cookies? Well, you’ll be all set with these easy-to-make, fun-to-decorate, everybody-loves ’em favorites.
Baking Time: 12 min
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Rainbow sprinkles and decorating sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, oil, milk, salt, lemon juice, and eggs. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until cookies are set but not brown. Let sit 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip tops of cooled cookies in glaze and place on wire rack then immediately decorate as desired.