We're never too short on time when we have a slow cooker to turn to in our kitchen. This version of Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage literally cooks itself, and we come home to one of our favorite Irish dishes.
Cooking Time: 6 hr
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) corned beef brisket (seasoning packet included)
- 1 green cabbage, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Place carrots and potatoes in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Place corned beef on top and sprinkle with seasoning packet. Add cabbage, apple juice, and water.
- Cover and cook on low setting 6 to 8 hours, or until beef is tender. Remove beef, potatoes, and vegetables to a platter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.