This popular Tex-Mex style ice cream is usually deep fried. Our easier version of Mexican Ice Cream Balls eliminates that messy task, and leaves you with that same delicious creamy, crunchy result.
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 1/2 cups frosted corn flakes cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. With a large spoon or an ice cream scoop, form eight ice cream balls, each about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Place on baking sheet then place in freezer for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, coat another rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the honey; mix well and spread on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to a shallow dish and allow to cool completely.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with wax paper. Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll in cereal mixture, coating on all sides. Place on baking sheet and freeze 2 to 3 hours, or until ice cream is firm. Drizzle with honey before serving.