The perfect flavorful marriage of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and Dijon mustard, along with a few fresh herbs and spices makes for a lively marinade for any of our grilled favorites like this Balsamic Flank Steak.
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) beef flank steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak; mix well.
- Score steak on both sides by making diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart. Place steak in bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard excess marinade. Grill steak 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until center is cooked to medium.
- Slice steak on an angle across the grain, and serve.