Forget everything you know about the napoleon, as in the French pastry! Forget how hard you think it is to make! Try out our easy napoleon-style dessert that gets its inspiration from the original but has its own personality.
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 24 graham crackers
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding; beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add peanut butter; mix well. Stir in whipped topping; set aside.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, layer one-third of the graham crackers and half the pudding mixture. Repeat layers and top with remaining graham crackers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter, and microwave 2 minutes, or until mixture is completely melted. Stir then spread immediately over graham crackers.
- In a small bowl, make a glaze by combining confectioners' sugar and water; stir until smooth. Spoon mixture into a resealable plastic storage bag then, using scissors, snip off one corner of bag. Drizzle glaze in 12 lines lengthwise over chocolate. Gently drag a butter knife through the lines to create a swirled effect (see photo). Chill at least 8 hours before serving.