Teach your kids a few tasty skills in the kitchen while having fun! Bake up this treat together and enjoy our cheery Sunny Lemon Squares filled with the taste of sunshine.
Cooking Time: 40 min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the butter, and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; mix until crumbly. Press into bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish to form a crust; bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat remaining 1/2 cup flour, the granulated sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon extract until well blended. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares. Dust with extra confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Makes 12 to 15 squares.