Nothing is more down-home than the wonderful flavors of backwoods country cooking. Our Hillbilly Baked Beans are made in a slow cooker and can even be reheated on our grills for a smoky taste that can’t be beat.
Cooking Time: 6 hr
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine meat, onion, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and water; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on low setting 6 hours, or on high setting 4 hours. Serve immediately.
If you're having a backyard barbecue, just reheat these in a foil pan on your grill. And you can make these in the oven, too. Just put the mixture in a 3-quart casserole dish, cover, and cook in a 350-degree oven for about 1-1/2 hours, or until hot and bubbly.