Meaty and flavorful portabella mushrooms hold up perfectly for filling with hearty stuffings like this cheesy artichoke spinach filling. As an appetizer or even a light lunch, our Overstuffed Portabella Mushrooms are delicious.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 6 (3-inch) portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with damp paper towels
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup quartered artichokes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place mushrooms on baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. Evenly divide spinach mixture on top of each mushroom cap and mound with a spoon.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated in center.
- For a complete meal, we suggest serving your portabellas with a side of angel hair pasta tossed with olive oil and garlic.
- We're picturing a platter of these gorgeous stuffed mushrooms and a savory bowl of Greek Pasta Salad as a light and delicous meal! What do you think?
- For lots of tasty mushroom recipes and tips, click here.