Versatile canned pumpkin is the secret to loads of favorite autumn and holiday recipes like our to-die-for Pumpkin Doughnut Holes. These easy
fritter-like treats cook up fast in a skillet. They're awesome served warm, topped with confectioners’ sugar.
Yields: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Drop pumpkin batter by level tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry 2 minutes or until golden, turning at least once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll doughnut holes in confectioners' sugar; serve warm.