The nutty almond crust on these flaky fish fillets will lure your gang to the table in an instant. With both almonds and fish being healthy, you can’t lose with this combo!
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds white-fleshed fish fillets
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup Amaretto liqeur
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, red pepper, and salt; mix well. Season the fillets with 1 teaspoon of the mixture, reserving the remaining mixture.
- Place the egg white in a shallow dish; place the almonds in another shallow dish. Dip each fillet in the egg white then in the almonds, coating completely.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the oil over medium heat. Add half of the fillets and cook for 5 minutes then turn the fillets and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork; transfer to a serving platter and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining fillets, adding additional butter and oil as needed.
- Add the reserved sugar mixture and the amaretto to the skillet; reduce the heat to low and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour over the fillets and serve immediately.