Our foolproof recipe for Award Winning Mashed Potatoes is sure to make you feel like a winner anytime you serve them. Whether for a holiday or any day you'll always end up with a creamy, fluffy result.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 1/2 pounds Idaho russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sliced chives or 4 scallions, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potato chunks in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and return potatoes to the pot for 1 to 2 minutes on with the heat on to make sure all of the remaning water is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.