Take a bite out of these easy-to-stuff meatballs and enjoy the flavorful surprise of cheese oozing out of every tasty bite. Whether cocktail or main dish sized, our Test Kitchen guarantees these scrumptious Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs will never disappoint.
Yields: 20 meatballs
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block mozzarella, cut into 20 (1/2-inch) cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except mozzarella cheese; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 20 meatballs, then form each meatball around a mozzarella cube, making sure to cover cheese completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
While we're loving our meatballs, let's turn this into an Italian feast by also serving one of our fabulous pasta dishes!