What a smart way to get everybody to eat their veggies! Easy Broccoli Casserole is bathed in a Cheddar Cheese and creamy mushroom soup sauce, making it a perfect side dish for any of your favorite main courses.
Cooking Time: 11 min
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh broccoli florets (see Note)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
- Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Add broccoli and broth, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except bread crumbs; stir well then spoon over broccoli mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes, until heated through and broccoli is tender.
This is such a great go-along with so many main dishes! Recently, our Test Kitchen served it up with our Baked Rosemary Chicken. Yum!