These eye-catching “no baking required” cookies are perfect for holiday entertaining. With their colorful design that resembles stained glass windows, they’re sure to be the talk of the table!
Makes: 24 cookies
Preparation Time: 5 min
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package multi-colored miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and walnuts. Cool mixture about 15 minutes, until cool but not to the point of hardening.
- Fold in marshmallows and stir until well coated. Spoon half the mixture lengthwise down the center of an 18-inch piece of wax paper. Shape into a 12- x 2-inch log and place at one edge of wax paper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut over remainder of wax paper.
- Roll log over coconut, evenly coating the outside of the entire log. Wrap log firmly in wax paper, folding ends snugly. Repeat with the other half of the marshmallow mixture and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Chill until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight. Unwrap each log and cut into 1/4-inch slices.