When you unmold this easy-to-make go-along, suddenly your side dish will become the main attraction. Mushrooms and pimientos turn delicate orzo pasta into a mouthwatering favorite they’ll ask for again and again!
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms or mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 2 envelopes (from a 2-ounce box) onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Place in a large bowl, stir in melted butter, then mix in mushrooms, pimientos, scallions, and onion soup mix.
- Place mixture in a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan, and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through. Invert onto a serving platter and serve immediately.
This is a hit no matter what you serve it with! Recently, we paired it with our Banquet Brisket for a fun-filled, food-filled holiday get-together.