Traditional margaritas are made in glasses with salted rims. These cooling Lime Margarita Bars are made with salted pretzels, so you get that salty taste in every bite. (And you don't sip these, so you don't need straws!)
Makes: 20 bars
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzels, sugar, and butter. Press firmly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is firm; remove from oven and cool slightly, leaving oven on.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour into cooled crust. Bake 25 to 30 additonal minutes, or until center is firm. Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into bars.