This down on the farm Amish-style comforting one pot stew, is sure to take the chill out of a winter night. Anytime you have a hungry gang and don’t want to resort to fast food, this quick cooking Hearty Amish Chicken Stew will be ready before you know it.
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned, deboned, and shredded (about 3 cups)
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine broth, potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook 8 minutes. Add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.