Our bakery-style homey Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake will probably go so fast, all you’ll have left are a few crumbs on the serving plate. This one is so melt-in-your-mouth-good that a double batch is probably a requirement.
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, chopped
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine CAKE ingredients. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine TOPPING ingredients using a fork or pastry cutter, until coarse crumbs form. Evenly sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool before serving.