This mini homemade version of one of our favorite store-bought treats, will run rings around the original. Why? Because nothing beats the taste of fresh out of the oven homemade Mini Fruit Pockets oozing with our favorite fruit preserves.
Makes: 12 pastries
Cooking Time: 7 min
- 1 (14.1-ounce) box rolled refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves or your favorite flavor
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Decorative sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll one pie crust and using a knife, square the edges. Cut into 12 rectangles 2 inches wide by 3 inches long. Place a teaspoon of preserves in center of 6 rectangles and top with remaining rectangles. Using a fork, crimp edges and place on baking sheet. Unroll second pie crust and repeat process.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk, until consistency is like thick syrup. Spoon glaze slowly over fruit pockets and sprinkle with decorative sugar, if desired. Let harden, then serve.