This recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches is the closest version you can get without taking a trip to the City of Brotherly Love! This traditional Philly Cheese Steak recipe will surely win you raves!
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds beef top round, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz, melted
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, and saute 10 minutes. Add onions, and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions are tender. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover, and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with black pepper; saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef. Return peppers and onions to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Place mixture over hoagie rolls, drizzle with melted cheese, and serve immediately.